PODCAST

130

Powered by Blogger.

27.8.14

PODCAST 114: The House of the Devil & Basket Case


This week Forest digs up some underrated Netflix gold with The House of the Devil, directed by Ti West, while Cory pays a visit to the strange as he shares his thoughts on a weirdo cult classic, Basket Case.

The Horror-Duo also cover Summer Slam 2014 & how Brock Lesner matches are not worth watching. Cory talks about his renewed love for the NES, Forest becomes a "friend of film" by sponsoring the screening of I Believe in Unicorns for the Erie Art Museum Film Series, and they both share some music related kindertrama. Enjoy!

SHOW NOTES

THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL

★ ★ ★ ★

BASKET CASE

★ ★ ★


VISIT OUR PODCAST ARCHIVE

1 comments:

Gex said...

So Cory, what did you think of Mark Hammil in Sushi Girl? I couldn't help but think of him as the Joker whenever he did that laugh, but aside from that, he was the standout performance in the whole movie. It's do bad that most of his film opportunities come from voice-overs, and I'm not just talking about the Joker. He did a lot of animated voice work, and Wing Commander.

I haven't watched WWE wrestling in a long time. I was a fan of it up until around 2008, because at that point the company was getting too terrible. TNA got a hell of a lot worse too. I occasionally buy a DVD of the older stuff for some great matches, though I did get Wrestlemania 24. I wouldn't be too harsh on Lesnar, he is capable of doing some good wrestling. Just see his match against Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania 19. I think that it has to do with a combination of Cena not being a great wrestler, Lesnar getting a bit older, and Vince McMahon putting less emphasis on good quality matches that makes some of these later matches suck recently.

That's one of the main reasons why I quit watching wrestling (for the most part) after that time period, especially after people were saying, "Yeah, you can bitch about it all you want, but you'll still just go back to watching the show." Well, I've been proving them wrong. Other reason I stopped watching was because I got sick of Cena. Now I know he's a hard working guy, and a decent wrestler (not a good one, just a decent one), but I hated how he kept getting pushed into the spotlight, with dumbass kids cheering him and buying his fucking toys. But in a nutshell, I got tired of the backstage politics and how much they've changed from the late 90s, to the end of the Attitude era, to the post 2008 era (the PG era).

While I'm on the topic of WWE, I think the greatest wrestler ever to be in that company, hands down, was Shawn Michaels. 2nd best was Kurt Angle. Those two could do both technical matches, and hardcore matches, no DQ matches, Cage matches, Ladder Matches, and provide high quality matches 80% of the time in every match category.